Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Waiting woman...

I've been sitting in the car for about 30 minutes now trying to pass the time for my 2nd job. It's a position with the North Carolina School of Math and Science foundation. The school is a public boarding school for juniors and seniors in high school. Much of the work I'll be doing will be similar to what I did when I worked for UNC's office of development.

Today is my first day and I showed up bright and early at 8:00 since Ryan leaves the house by 7:00 anyway. Well, she told me they come in a little late, I just didn't realize how late. I sat waiting for a few minutes and thankfully one employee stopped in before going to the gym. When she said late, she didn't mean 8:15/8:30 she was talking 9:00-9:30. That's a big difference. So here I sit trying to pass the time!

This whole two jobs thing is turning out to be quite stressful. I'm not adjusting all that well to the retail life of working nights and weekends and especially being on my feet all day. I no longer have any idea what day it is or when I work next because the schedule is never the same from day-to-day or week-to-week. And the sad part is how little money I'm making. It's really depressing to start calculating your expenses in the number of hours you have to work to pay it off. It definitely makes me grateful for the good jobs that I've had in the past and Ryan's education that he is receiving so that he can have an actual career and we won't have to make a living working 2-3 jobs each just to get by. Although its not much, and may not actually be with my time, this is a sacrifice I need to be making for our family right now.

In similar news, Ryan submitted his application to the Creighton residency on Monday! After March 1 they'll start contacting for interviews which means he gets to spend a weekend in Omaha. Lucky boy!

2 comments :

  1. I really don't miss converting the price of things into hours worked! Sorry you had to wait so long for other people to show up; I know you hate waiting.

    ReplyDelete