Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"I'm happy"

Do you ever have those moments when out of the blue you realize you're truly happy? I had one today and unfortunately they don't come often enough (for me at least).

I was sitting on this swing in "our" backyard just watching Ryno play with the neighbor dogs. It was 50 degrees, blue sunny skies and he was having the time of his life. Out of nowhere a big smile came across my face and I stopped for a minute to realize that no matter what else was going on in my life, I was happy.

I have the perfect little family for me right now. Although Ryno is scared of people and garages and balloons and trash cans and bikes and motorcycles and weird noises and pretty much everything, he is the perfect fit for Ryan and I. The fuzz ball follows me everywhere I go and I wouldn't have it any other way. And although Ryan was gone for 16 hours straight on Monday and has been leaving me most evenings to play basketball after 12 hours at work, he scrambled to get the dishes done this morning so he wouldn't leave me with a full sink. He expresses gratitude for every little thing I do. He tip-toes around in the morning, letting me sleep in while he leaves for work at 7 am. He doesn't care if I don't get a darn thing done by the time he comes home. He just loves being with me.

I live in an absolutely gorgeous state with beautiful weather. So although I was frustrated that I had to walk a lot on my "run" today, I was outside in shorts and t-shirt at the beginning of February to run through a forest and along a creek. I can sit outside right now wearing this amazing outfit and not care. I can also sit inside and feel like I'm in the forest, thanks to the ridiculous amount of leaves Ryno tracks in.

All in all, life is good and it was just such a great moment to sit there this morning and think, "I'm happy."

2 comments :