So you know how Ryan goes to Duke? Well, it's kind of a big name school, in case you didn't know. We know, because we pay for the big name. Besides hoping for a good education and great basketball games, we were really counting on that name coming in handy when looking for a job back in Omaha and trying to compete with the PT programs at UNMC and Creighton.
I don't know if I mentioned this, but Ryan wants to get an orthopedic residency at Creighton in the fall (it's a one-year specialization type thingy). We heard through the grapevine that they like to stick with their own graduates which makes us a liiiiittle nervous. But we think Duke came through for us! Ryan emailed the head guy dude with some questions and he seemed genuinely excited and honored that a Duke graduate would be applying for their residency. He basically promised him an interview before even receiving his application. SCORE. Little do they know, this is what is behind the Duke name.
I don't know if I mentioned this, but Ryan wants to get an orthopedic residency at Creighton in the fall (it's a one-year specialization type thingy). We heard through the grapevine that they like to stick with their own graduates which makes us a liiiiittle nervous. But we think Duke came through for us! Ryan emailed the head guy dude with some questions and he seemed genuinely excited and honored that a Duke graduate would be applying for their residency. He basically promised him an interview before even receiving his application. SCORE. Little do they know, this is what is behind the Duke name.
But how can you not fall in love with that face? Ryan rocks at interviews.
It's suddenly getting real! Eek, we are so excited to come home!

Yay!!! This is so excited! Congratulations on the good news.
ReplyDeletehahaha...you'd better hope the big head guy dudes at Creighton don't see this. :)
ReplyDeleteHahaha! Ryan is great!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry Creighton doesn't only accept their own graduates (though we are the best!) Anyways, you want me to drop his name? I still help teach at Creighton so I can certainly but in a good word!
ReplyDelete