This year was actually the first year that Ryan and I spent Thanksgiving with my family. We've gone to St. George twice and then stayed in NC for the other year. In the past we've had an official "Annual Thanksgiving Turkey Shootout" but it was a little more low-key this year. I feel like everything went much more smoothly than it has in the past. It's probably because we're all now old enough to each contribute a dish instead of leaving my Mom to do it all. (Thanks Mom for all your hard work in the past!). And we went shooting AFTER dinner instead of before. Either way, I didn't feel any stress this Thanksgiving and I couldn't feel any from the rest of the family, so if it was there, it was hidden.
We went down to my sister Marisa's house in Pawnee City and had fun throwing around the football, and babies before dinner. Sadly I accidentally deleted the picture where you can see her face of pure bliss.
 |
| Post dinner contentment. |
 |
| These two seem to love us the most. And we love them! |
Once we'd cleaned up dinner and let things settle, we headed further into the middle of nowhere to go shooting. As I said, in the past we each shoot 25 clay pigeons (or attempt to shoot them) and the winner gets to take home an awesome trophy that I made years ago to display proudly in their home. This year, we just shot whatever we wanted and a variety of guns. I promise we're not as redneck as it looks.
 |
| How could I NOT get a picture of this? |
|
|
 |
| Shortly after arriving, someone couldn't hold their bladder (and it wasn't me for once) |
|
|
 |
| All the ladies. |
 |
| Ella loves her Uncle Ryan |
 |
| Thankfully I captured a shot where Ryan hit a target! |
 |
| Yeah, that happened. She's 3 1/2. |
 |
| Shelby wanted a new redneck profile picture. |
 |
| I hit 3/5! |
 |
| I just love those big headphones |
 |
| Future florist? |
 |
| Isn't he so good looking? Our children are going to be the cutest. |
So there you have it, our not-so-redneck-Luke-Family-Thanksgiving.
Yippee!! So glad to see pictures!! Next year we'll be there, too!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to see pictures too since I wasn't around for most of these festivities. Kaylee is 4 1/2 so maybe it's not as impressive. She still had fun.
ReplyDeleteWhitney - it will be awsome to have you guys around too!
Caitlin, this looks like so much fun!!! I love the baby tossing photo!
ReplyDelete