I spent all day yesterday browsing the internet for inspiration on how to do Ryan and I's photo albums. One of my goals in my time off is to create digital Blurb books (they're my favorite, you should use them too!) to document our life. Then, hopefully I can just keep up with it as we take new pictures. But, I wanted them to be PERFECT, ya know? So I needed a plan from the beginning to make them all uniform. I like simple, but not TOO simple.
So I came up with the images below. I want it to look sketchbookish (that is a technical term). However, I don't want it to get too cheesy and out of hand.
So I need your opinion on all my little "sketches." Are they too much? I like the ones that aren't on the pictures, but it is it just distracting to add it to the pictures (flower, butterfly, shooting star?). Ryan and I are both unsure.
Your thoughts? GO!
(If you click on the pictures you can see them bigger)
(If you click on the pictures you can see them bigger)


I think they are perfect. Do mine too.
ReplyDeleteI like the little sketches, it gives the book personality!
ReplyDeleteI'm just waiting for the mullet pictures to start showing up on here :) Looks awesome so far!
ReplyDeleteDANG I just did the last two years worth of blurb books (I also LOVE blurb!) and now I want to redo them. Good thing I haven't ordered them yet.. But you stink for making me second guess!
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit of a purist; I like the sketches near the pictures rather than on. With the exception of circles and arrows related to captions, of course. Can I just say you have a knack for finding and using the cutest fonts?
ReplyDeletego you! i really like what you have done. and i agree with everything seashmore said, so maybe i am a purist too :) miss you!
ReplyDeleteI'm a purist, too. I was just undecided if this was my time to branch out. Apparently, it's not because I already deleted the ones on the images!
ReplyDeleteI think both are cute. But I agree, putting them next to/bleeding onto the picture is the best way. You'll be the happiest with that I think, and it'll be the easiest to keep up with. If you do sketches on the pictures, then you kinda 'always' have to do them, and it could get weird or annoying. Very fun, you're too cute!
ReplyDelete