How the heck has it already been two weeks since we moved here and a month since we left North Carolina? As far as I can tell, life has finally settled for the next 10 weeks until we pack it all up again and head back to Omaha (with of course an extended road trip on our way back).
When we first got here, Ryan started work immediately and I had three crazy days of organizing and battling with our apartment. Not the apartment itself, it is thankfully gorgeous. But the property apparently cares nothing about its residents. I take that back, they made it fairly clear that they care nothing about their temporary residents and it has been infuriating. It was nothing but trouble from the day we pulled up, but I can't get into it. I won't stop. SO ANGRY FOR DAYS. Bah.
I took care of what I could, repacked my suitcase and headed to the beautiful land of Alaska! I will do a post (or two or three or four) on pictures from my trip so I won't say much about that now. I left Ryan in the hottest August that Arizona has seen with no friends, and I did feel a little bad. How is it that as soon as a man gets married he no longer knows how to take care of himself? Lucky him, I wasn't there to judge his poor eating habits or bachelor ways. However, I was welcomed home to a spotless apartment. Ryan definitely deserves credit for being clean. He is a cleaning fool and I can't stop him when he's on a roll!
Puppy was ecstatic to see me when I got home and has been nothing but a ball of fun since I've been back. We've both been spoiled with the amount of time we get to spend together. Because we don't have any neighbors with dogs (oh how we miss our neighbors) I've been taking him to the dog park almost every day. I think he has a love/hate relationship there. He loves to run but it is so dang hot. I trimmed him the very first day we got here after I thought he might pass out after his first trip to the park!
Speaking of passing out, I tried running two mornings before I left for Alaska and it was not very successful. Even at 6:30 and 8:00 a.m. it was too stinking hot. So much for dry heat! We went running last night once the sun set and it was much better even though the car said it was still 109 degrees. Gross gross gross. We've had a record six days that haven't dropped below 90, even at night. The end of this week will be a "milder" 103-105 with humidity and a chance of rain. AWESOME. I think it's already time for a weekend road trip to cooler temperatures!
What do I ask during the day, you may ask? Well, I keep very busy and so far I'm loving this stay-at-home-wife thing. I've been cooking healthy meals and mostly just playing on our new iMac. It's beautiful. :) I was VERY hesitant to switch to a Mac but the learning curve has been much better than expected! I have Mac versions of all the software I need (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Lightroom) so I have no complaints yet! And best of all, it's SO FAST. LOVE.
So if any of you care, there's another update. Adios.
When we first got here, Ryan started work immediately and I had three crazy days of organizing and battling with our apartment. Not the apartment itself, it is thankfully gorgeous. But the property apparently cares nothing about its residents. I take that back, they made it fairly clear that they care nothing about their temporary residents and it has been infuriating. It was nothing but trouble from the day we pulled up, but I can't get into it. I won't stop. SO ANGRY FOR DAYS. Bah.
I took care of what I could, repacked my suitcase and headed to the beautiful land of Alaska! I will do a post (or two or three or four) on pictures from my trip so I won't say much about that now. I left Ryan in the hottest August that Arizona has seen with no friends, and I did feel a little bad. How is it that as soon as a man gets married he no longer knows how to take care of himself? Lucky him, I wasn't there to judge his poor eating habits or bachelor ways. However, I was welcomed home to a spotless apartment. Ryan definitely deserves credit for being clean. He is a cleaning fool and I can't stop him when he's on a roll!
Puppy was ecstatic to see me when I got home and has been nothing but a ball of fun since I've been back. We've both been spoiled with the amount of time we get to spend together. Because we don't have any neighbors with dogs (oh how we miss our neighbors) I've been taking him to the dog park almost every day. I think he has a love/hate relationship there. He loves to run but it is so dang hot. I trimmed him the very first day we got here after I thought he might pass out after his first trip to the park!
Speaking of passing out, I tried running two mornings before I left for Alaska and it was not very successful. Even at 6:30 and 8:00 a.m. it was too stinking hot. So much for dry heat! We went running last night once the sun set and it was much better even though the car said it was still 109 degrees. Gross gross gross. We've had a record six days that haven't dropped below 90, even at night. The end of this week will be a "milder" 103-105 with humidity and a chance of rain. AWESOME. I think it's already time for a weekend road trip to cooler temperatures!
What do I ask during the day, you may ask? Well, I keep very busy and so far I'm loving this stay-at-home-wife thing. I've been cooking healthy meals and mostly just playing on our new iMac. It's beautiful. :) I was VERY hesitant to switch to a Mac but the learning curve has been much better than expected! I have Mac versions of all the software I need (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Lightroom) so I have no complaints yet! And best of all, it's SO FAST. LOVE.
So if any of you care, there's another update. Adios.
I don't envy you the heat, but it might be nice to be a kept woman. :) Miss you!
ReplyDelete