Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My First Quilt

It's DOOOOOOOOOONE.  And I couldn't be more thankful.  This thing was a BEAST.  A few inappropriate words may have been uttered in the process, but it is DONE.  And I will probably put myself through the same torture again and again; I'll just make my next quilt on a much smaller scale.  Like a baby quilt... I have so many baby quilts that I want to make.  But I digress...


And now, the reveal!!!
 It is seriously MASSIVE.  It's the size of a queen size quilt, which my mom makes all the time, but it was quite the task for me.  I decided to machine stitch it unlike my skilled and patient mother who does it all by hand.  However, rolling it up to fit under the arm of my sewing machine was NOT as easy as I thought it would be!

As I was looking at my quilt I decided to go looking for pictures of me wearing some of these old high school t-shirts!
My first concert was the Dixie Chicks in SLC and we decided to rock some hand-made Cornhusker shirts
 

This is my "Kick Some Mass" T-shirt.  My physics teacher said this before a football game and after finding it quite amusing, we again made t-shirts for the football game.  Then afterward, we found a random rock pile that we slid down... oh high school!

A few Student Council T-shirts
 
Pole Vault Camp
 

Not the same Sonic T-shirt, but proof that I slaved away there for almost 5 years!
 

Rockin' a Student Council shirt at Girl's Camp.
I thought you'd like this picture, Heather. :)

BFF
 

Another Student Council shirt ("Get Lucky" which was banned from wearing in school...oops!) 
with my pole vault teammates and beautiful sarmiento brace from my broken arm!
 

Finally, class of 2005, baby! (And don't worry, it's sparkling cider....DUH)

Isn't reminiscing so much fun?

8 comments :

  1. I love it SO MUCH!! I'm so proud of you for finishing it! You are one of the most amazing people ever! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so cute! I am so mad because the other week I was at our trailer/storage unit and found a box of old shirts! Seriously stupid. There weren't a ton, but they were shirts from places or things (ie. Dixie Chicks, family reunions, other things that didn't fit me anymore/I would never wear). So now I am mad that they aren't on the "high school quilt" and that I have to make another. I probably said a million explicit words while making it. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, the pics above (from the gravel hill)...what are those on? Film or what? I want a copy. Email them to me. I have NO idea where those would be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work Caitlin! Gayle Vance is making a tshirt quilt for me right now because I am not so skilled in that department and I was so sad that I no longer had a sonic shirt for her to put in the quilt. Long life our sonic experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that is one project I don't think I could undertake and I am very impressed, it looks awesome! Love all the old pictures and I can't believe the one of us lol I already saved it in my iphoto...total keeper! :) My jaw seriously dropped when I saw it. Ahh good times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, what awesome times we had a girls camp. That is one scary picture.

    ReplyDelete