Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

24th Birthday

So I'm 24.  And I have to admit, I actually feel old.  I'm done with school and just working and now 24!  A lot of people are still in school at age 23, but 24?  Most people are done by then making me officially OLD.  I don't know how I feel about that.  I got quite homesick and really just wanted to be home with my parents for my birthday, but Ryan planned a great weekend for me!  We went to dinner on Saturday night with a handful of his classmates and then more joined us ice skating (even though they had HUGE tests to study for!).  Ryan does NOT like ice skating but knew I wanted to go so he held on tight the whole time and survived without falling once.  What a good sport!  At midnight that night he gave me a present - a HUGE bag of York Peppermint Patties - YUM!

On Sunday morning (my actual birthday) he woke me up with breakfast in bed and then cleaned up his entire mess and whatever mess I had left around the apartment.  :) We had not talked at all about what we were doing that night and I thought he might be planning something but he was NOT fessing up.  Finally, after I got a little grumpy he admitted that Mitch and Maile were coming over for dinner.  Little did I know, he invited the whole gang!  Dinner was oh-so-tasty as were my birthday cakes!! I have the best husband and the best friends.  I have had some AMAZING birthdays over the years thanks to all of you, wherever you live!


I also wondered if the York Peppermint Patties were my only gift.  I mean, I know money is tight, but it is my birthday!! Again, I was not disappointed.  Though at first I was worried - do you see the wrapped Cheez-It box?  I thought that's what was actually in the box.  However,  Ryan got me a Cricut cartridge I've been wanting and some all weather running tights for our marathon we are running on June 12, 2011 (our 1-year anniversary).  Yes, I know we're crazy.  But it's a goal of Ryan's and I'll give it a shot! AND my great friends Megan and Conner will be running it, too. Again, my friends ROCK!

No comments :

Post a Comment