Working at a craft store is a brilliant and terrible idea all at the same time.
Stuff goes on sale, I get big ideas, I buy it and it sits.
You don't want to know how much craft stuff I have boxed up in our storage unit.
Or how much I'm starting to collect here.
I have enough snuggle flannel to make at least half a dozen receiving blankets.
With 60% off and adorable dinosaur prints, how could I say no?
Also purchased was enough flannel to make a new "sleep" blanket as the Lukes call it.
These blankets are the BEST.
They are called sleep blankets because it is almost a guarantee that if the blanket is on top of you, you will fall asleep.
In case you forgot, this is why I need a new sleep blanket:
And this is what the new material will be:
It was hard to find something that was gender neutral, and I know this isn't, but it's adorable!
And finally, my newest insane endeavor. We are selling our home decor fabric samples for $2 each. They are about 16" square and some absolutely beautiful fabrics! I first found just a few of each of the greens, blues, pinks and greys and thought they were beautiful together. So I kept gathering and got a crazy idea. I'm going to make a quilt out of them.
And not just a quilt, a queen size-new bedspread-quilt.
Oh, they're soooo pretty! And they have different textures which makes them way more fun than just cottons.
I got to thinking last night and came up with this design:
I got to thinking last night and came up with this design:
Then I was thinking about it more today and I think I'm going to turn it into a duvet cover instead of a quilt. But, I'm also considering other pattern options. I chose that pattern when I had quilt in mind. Now that I'm thinking duvet cover, my ideas are expanding. Oh the possibilities, it's going to be gorgeous!

Maybe I need you to get me a cricut machine (or whatever the easiest machine like that is these days) before you lose your discount!
ReplyDeleteThey're called snooze blankets...because the original one (mine, which I still have), has fabric on the back that says "snooze" over and over. But it is true, you put those things on and you're asleep in 10 minutes flat...don't ever watch a movie with them if you want to see the end!
P.S. All those decorator fabrics would be awesome for pillows! If only I could make color decisions!
ReplyDeleteI love the patterns of the samples!
ReplyDeleteI may have to go over to Joanns and get some for myself :)
floral&fudge