Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Past Projects

Alright folks, I'm getting really excited about this whole Graphics Design thing!  And when I offered to create something for you, I never even thought of charging you and making a profit.  But I'm going to think about it and decide if it really is something that could earn me a few extra bucks here and there.  If I do decide to charge, believe me, it wouldn't be very much.  I know we're all on a budget and I'm not here to break yours.

I just thought I'd share some of the projects I've done in the past year or so.  As you can tell, I keep things simple.  Sometimes too simple, but that's just how I roll.  Maybe one day I'll branch out some more.

I've posted the "I Am a Child of God" before, and I'm thinking about updating it. 
As a challenge to myself to be different, I made this birth announcement for Luna (the little girl I babysit).

It was suggested that Ryan get business cards so of course I jumped right on that!
Although I love the pennant idea that I came up with (bottom) it's not all that professional so
we stuck with the Vitruvian Man (top).

Although simple once again, I've had fun creating and framing these prints for wedding gifts.
 

I also had the privilege of designing my friends Save the Date as well as their
entire wedding invitation. It was a challenge but a lot of fun!

If you are interested in the birth announcements or wedding gifts, they are very quick and easy to customize and change for your needs.  (And make for inexpensive but personal gifts).

My biggest problem has been figuring out how to match the color I see on screen with how it prints.  That is currently my biggest challenge and what I want to research the most.  Once I develop some standard colors that I know will print as expected, I will feel much more comfortable sharing my talents.  I also don't have a way of printing anything myself.  Most of the prints I just send to Walgreens or the like and I've been using Vistaprint for fancier things like my Christmas Postcards.  Maybe someday when I have lots of money and the time to really develop a portfolio, I'll have my own expensive printer that has been carefully matched to correspond with my monitor.  Someday. :)

4 comments :

  1. You make really beautiful designs! I love the wedding ones with the state outlines. :)
    floral&fudge

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get to do my wedding invites when I finally get to that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good news is I don't have to worry about finding a graphic designer for my wedding/baby announcements. In fact, I like those baby announcments so much I might have 20 kids just so I can send them out. Okay, that's a slight exaggeration; I'll stick to 10. :p
    The bad news is I still haven't found anyone to make those announcements necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boyfriend does a lot with Adobe suite and he was taking about Pantone decks being the go-to guide for how colors print. I don't know much about it but it's a good starting point for your research.

    ReplyDelete