Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I didn't think I was jet-lagged

Ryan and I made a point to sleep a lot on our trip.  With the whole non-drinking thing, there's really not a reason to be out late at night.  We ate dinner at 9ish every night, which is standard in Europe, and pretty much crashed after returning to the hotel.  We got almost 8 hours a sleep a night, slept on airplanes when necessary, but forced ourselves to stay awake on the flights home so we could get a full night's rest on Sunday when we returned.  I've been fine during the day but the past two nights have been horrible!

Guess what time we went to bed on Monday.

8:15 p.m.

And last night?

9:30 p.m.
(after I had already fallen asleep on the couch for a few minutes).

Ryan was a good man and unpacked and did a lot of the laundry, but we still folded it as a team and there was plenty of my stuff he couldn't put away.  So I've been picking away at it bit by bit, trying to figure out dinner each night, edit the photos from the trip for others to see, all while keeping up with a busy social agenda this week! Ryan's been a champ though.  With this summer schedule he's only had a few hours of class in the morning and then he's been working out and getting stuff done around the house and pretty much taking care of me while I'm a lazy bum.  Like I said, good man.

I know, I shouldn't complain.  We went on the trip of a lifetime and we have so many more wonderful fun things ahead of us this week.  But goodness, I'M TIRED.

2 comments :

  1. coming home is always worse than going there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't call you a lazy bum. You're tired for a reason, dear.
    But, like Count Rugen says, "Get your rest. If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything."

    ReplyDelete