Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Roller Derby

First, I want to say that I had big plans of blogging about our two sets of friends that came to visit us here in NC.  I had pictures and lots of nice things to say about how much we love them and how they are some of the main reasons we want to move back to Omaha. BUT I'm so mad at technology right now that it's not going to happen.  I bought a new program to edit photos and as I was attempting to use it for the first time to upload my pictures from those weekends, the program froze and my pictures got lost in the middle of space between the SD card and the hard drive.  They're just gone and I am upset. So I'm sorry friends, we do love you but I just am too angry to write about the weekends without the pictures to go along!

But this weekend WAS a great weekend and we have pictures to show for it.  Friday night we started off by getting our taxes done - what a romantic Valentine's weekend, huh?  I think it's awesome because it means more money.  After wanting a little bit of everything under the sun for dinner we ended up at Hibachi Grill - a buffet that cost us $20.05 post tax for both of us.  We may have been some of the only white people in a packed restaurant, but what do we care? We love the place.  We wrote down ideas for future dates as we let the food settle in between plates.  That was my idea.  We need to be more creative.  I LOVE Redbox, don't get me wrong, but it's time to step it up.  We should be enjoying the time we have with just the two of us and save watching movies on the couch for when little ones require us to stay home every weekend.  

Why am I writing so much on this post? I'll wrap it up now, I promise.

Saturday we got to sleep in which was HEAVENLY.  Especially since the dog let us sleep in, too.  He's so considerate.  He seems to know when we need that sleep and waits to go potty until we're up.  Our big event for the day was then the ROLLER DERBY!  We've been wanting to go but tickets were $10 and they only have 5 "bouts" a year.  Luckily Living Social had a deal this week which gave us that extra motivation we needed to go.  It did not disappoint.  We rounded up some friends who were just as excited as we were and spent the afternoon watching girls of all sizes on skates pushing each other around.  Who wouldn't love it?

 
 
 

Thanks to Ryan's enthusiasm, three of our group won t-shirts! Sadly, I did not.  But I have one from Lincoln's team and that's where my heart lies anyway.

No comments :

Post a Comment