Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Sing it Out

First, I love the Sing Off. A Capella groups are uh-mazing and I love the judges.  Ben Folds' awkward geniusness cracks me up.  But that's not the point of this post.  This is:

I LOVE SINGING TO THE RADIO! 

I know I got this trait from my mother although she doesn't even have to have a radio to sing.  Or a real song. I grew up to her singing loudly around the house whatever she felt like - good thing she has a beautiful voice!
(Love you, Mom!)  

I have had the most splendid drives home lately.  I roll down all the windows in the Jeep, crank the radio, zone off into my own world and just sing as loud as I want.  I know the people around me can see and even hear me but I don't even care anymore.  I also find myself humming to my headphones at work and I've almost started singing there, too.  I best be careful to prevent that awkward moment when I accidentally bust into "You and I" by Lady Gaga (which, by the way, is one of my current favorites) for all the office to hear.  

2 comments :

  1. YOU may love singing in the car.
    But I love your new dog!!!
    He is so cute!!
    He and Tucker will be best friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that singing is a Luke thing...I used to find myself singing in my clients' ears at the salon, oops. Now I sing all day long to Penelope...usually stupid songs I make up mixed with real ones.

    ReplyDelete