Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hurricane Irene

So we survived the hurricane.
Like Ryan does best he slept through most of it.


Although there really wasn't much to sleep through.  We are about 3 hours inland and all we got was some rain and some wind.  Most of it occurred overnight and we never even saw it.  I wondered how the forest was going to fare but it actually created a little shelter from the wind.  When we were walking the trails we could barely feel any wind at all.  All it did was break off a few measly branches.


 To protect the pool furniture from blowing away they stacked it and dumped it in the pool! It worked, I guess.

Our power went off for about 2 hours and to pass the time we started playing Ticket To Ride with Mitch and Maile.  They got hooked and we played 4 games, ordered pizza, and spent a total of 7 hours on their porch.  I love having neighbors. :)

We actually had worse weather yesterday than we had with the hurricane.  There were two different times at work that I got the "Weather Emergency" text message and we were required to go to the basement for tornado warnings.  So far this year NC has had tornadoes (on multiple occasions), a hurricane and an earthquake! I don't see this state surviving the storms of the second coming...

1 comment :