Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

The Sweeney family welcomes....

A NEW CAMERA!!!!
 Boy, this thing is a piece of beauty!  I still only use it on Auto but oh it takes amazing pictures.  Want to know my favorite part?  When I push the button, it actually takes a picture!! Not a big deal, right? WRONG.  I was so tired of my point-and-shoot camera that had a mind of its own.  Sometimes it would just refuse to take the picture, or have a flash when unnecessary or no flash or make it blurry, etc.  I hated taking pictures because they never turned out how I wanted.  Alas, no more.  Practically perfection in every shot.  Probably the best [early] anniversary present EVER.

To every thing there is an opposite, right? Well as we welcomed the one baby, we said goodbye to another.  

Say hello/goodbye to the Lawnmower. 
(Affectionately named by my brother, Jeremy)

I bought this car the day before I turned 17 and it has been surprisingly good to me these past 7 years!  There have definitely been a lot of memories in it and I don't think it's completely hit me that it's gone.  For good!  

It has a very happy ending, however.  I sold the car to my friend, Michael, from work at a time when he desperately needed it.  His car completely died last week and he had no idea what he was going to do because he could not afford a new car.  Fortunately with it being summer, Ryan can take his motorcycle and I drive the Jag.  So, we did a good deed and helped a friend who was so incredibly grateful for our generosity.  Seriously, when I told him I would sell it to him his face was priceless.  That's a picture I wish I had.  I think this is the biggest act of kindness I've ever been able to provide and I'm so grateful that the Lord has provided Ryan with I with enough means to do this for him!

No comments :

Post a Comment