Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Car Seat Cover

For those of you who know my sister Whitney, she had a little baby girl this past Monday night!
That makes 14 for the Luke clan.  Welcome to the family, Penelope! 

Whitney requested that I make a car seat cover for her like this one:
It's supposed to be a quick 1 hourish project, but of course I have to make my life difficult and make it fancier than that.  So I learned how to do ric-rac, ruffles, and piping and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the result.  I almost hope Whitney doesn't like it and I can keep it for my future (DISTANT FUTURE) little girl. :)




For any of you who want to make one, I found the tutorial HERE.

4 comments :

  1. I can't wait for you to make me one (in many many years) - this is so adorable!!! The fancy ruffly pink is really cool and looks really hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on another niece! I love the car seat cover, and it's in my bookmarks now for when I get good enough at sewing to attempt it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staci made us one and we love it...they are just super convenient! I love the one you made, it's gorgeous! So bright and cheery, perfect for a spring baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I absolutely love the ruffles and the piping, and of course, I think adding ric rac makes it so perfect. I think the ruffling is my favorite part!! The fabric you picked is fabulous, too! Thanks for linking up to my tutorial!

    ReplyDelete