Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

What I Did Today

Hi, I'm Caitlin and I am a Craftaholic.

Seriously, all those craft blogs out there are so addicting. Ryan laughs at me but he told me last night that he's so excited for the day I get to be a stay-at-home-mom because he knows that I will just love it, and I will! As much as I've been lonely without him, I finally have time for the things I love. The sad part is - until this week, I'd forgotten I love it so much! My fabulous mother taught me all sorts of skills when I was 8-14ish but then high school hit, then college and that was the end of that. But watch out world, I'm back!

After looking through all the blogs and looking around my apartment, I decided it needed some personal touches. So I made and put these up in the kitchen:

I bought the frames at the dollar store and spray painted white. Then I put blue cardstock with a lace overlay and glued either a flower or a fruit to each. They're just so happy looking, I love them!

As I was studying "Preach My Gospel" I came across this quote and knew I wanted it in our home. I painted the canvas (Thanks, Joanna!) and then just wrote it on with permanent marker. Not super complicated or skillful, but it's just stinkin' cute, isn't it?

Lastly, we need pillows. Everyone needs pillows! I made the yellow slipcover today and bought the four pillows on the right from Ross (cheaper than buying pillow forms). I think I'm going to leave the red, maybe the orange and maybe even the floral tan (if you can see it in the middle). The other two are going to be BRIGHT and FUN.
Maybe one of these:

I'm just in heaven.

Oh, and I have another job interview next week.

Oh, and I really need someone to make a baby blanket for. I found some irresistible patterns. Any volunteers?

3 comments :

  1. Hey, those are CUTE! We need to get together and have a craft day before you get a job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we should start a support group :) I totally understand. I don't have time to do all the crafts I want to, and should probably not stay up as late as I do to accomplish some of my crafts, but it's worth it because I LOVE it! We should start swapping ideas :) Have fun, enjoy your free time while it lasts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get any of the Luke "craftiness." lol

    ReplyDelete