Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

New Additions

This has been another week in the apartment - no grand adventures to report, here! But we did have some exciting additions to the apartment and our lives:

1. I had my first painting experiences as we rid ourselves of the wallpaper in the kitchen.
2. Our legit North Carolina drivers licenses came in the mail to replace our 20-day paper copies. I'm now officially a North Carolinan and a Sweeney!
3. We put up Ryan's Brazilian hammock on our back porch and it ROCKS. No pictures yet, but take my word for it - it's the best addition to our apartment so far!

4. Years ago I bought yards and yards of jersey fabric because it was on sale. This week I found the idea for this skirt here and was so excited to make it because it doesn't require a pattern! I made a skirt before the wedding and it took me two hours just to cut it out. YUCK. I had the freedom on this one to cut it however I pleased and it didn't matter if it wasn't perfect. I LOVE IT! (Minus the fact that when we went to dinner tonight, the guy next to me splashed some of his red pasta sauce on it, I hope it washes out!)

8 comments :

  1. It is cute!

    PS. Your arm is still super ghetto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt. Can you send me the link? I want to copy you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. can you two reach your microwave on top of your fridge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want the skirt! I'm also curious if you can reach your microwave...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, like the two above me, am curious if you can reach your microwave... haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your skirt! Send me your email on facebook and I'll invite you to my blog!

    ReplyDelete