Hello everyone! We've almost been here for a week now, and I don't know where the time goes! I talked to my friend Schuster (Megan) yesterday and she asked me if I think I will have time to explore the area like I want before school and work start. It was a very good question and gosh, I sure hope so. But, so far, we don't have much to show for our week here. We spent one day unpacking, then rested on Sunday, ran errands on Monday and Tuesday (we finally have food!!!), and helped a friend move yesterday.
I know I said that I don't want to move anymore, but I definitely don't mind serving others! This was probably one of the worst moves anyone could ever have. Her fiance just drove here from Texas with a 24' truck filled about like ours - 2/3 full and then a motorcycle. So we helped him unpack, then we drove to Ali's apartment and loaded her stuff into the truck which was then driven to the new apartment and unloaded again. LONG DAY. I'm excited to get to know Ali better. She is the president of the PT class ahead of Ryan and he met her when he came out to interview. She was so excited for us to move out here and we clicked the instant we met. Then, as we moved her stuff I saw just how well we'd get along. I found Glee Season 1, the entire Harry Potter series, the High School Musical Soundtrack, and a lot of cute clothes! We're definitely going to be friends. :)
Today we're finally trying to finish organizing the apartment as much as possible and even hang stuff on the wall which feels like the final touch for me. It definitely feels like home having all of our stuff in it!
A new friend! She sounds great. I don't know how you find so many great people so easily, but I'm glad you do!
ReplyDelete