The apartment is finished and WE LOVE IT! We have everything we need and everything has a place. I must say, it is such an amazing feeling. Especially after I've lived in a dorm for the past 5 years and Ryan has been a gypsy since returning from his mission 5 years ago. We have a HOME. And we are so thankful for it every time we walk in the door. After visiting other friends' (yes we have friends!) apartments, ours is the best - it just has so much s p a c e!! And speaking of space... that couch pulls out into a bed AND we have a blow up mattress so there's plenty of space for friends to visit. :)
Did you notice our plant? No kids or pets for us - just a love fern...or love yucca. Luckily it comes with a one year guarantee! After that, nothing is for sure! :) Also, we originally had a night stand consisting of a lovely white towel covered box and the other day we stumbled across the gem in the picture at Goodwill. It's beautiful and exactly what we wanted and CHEAP!As part of Ryan's birthday present I let him decorate the second (his) bathroom anyway he wanted. This was actually a big deal because I'm anti beach themes, and he loves them. The result...
I really don't mind it because it's not TOO overdone and cheesy. And half of it is authentic from Brazil, so at least it's legit! Our bathroom is nothing special except for my latest project:That's about it for the apartment so far! I guessed it was a little white lie when I said we're completely done. We still have to:
- Paint over the wallpaper in the kitchen. It's not horrible, but we can't look at it for a year or more.
- Hang Ryan's Brazilian hammock on the patio (not the Brazilian bathroom).
- Finish organizing my half of the second bedroom. The room is split down the middle between us. Half is Ryan's pretty glass desk for his studies and the walls are all baseball posters. My half will be my craft space. Can't wait!
Your apartment is adorable, I love it! And very creative idea on the jewelry holder...pretty sure I am going to be replicating that in the near future because our jewelry situation is getting outrageous in this house. And I agree about going to sleep with all the nature sounds...I think that would be the best (if i wasn't terrified of the woods, that is...)
ReplyDeleteThat is such a gorgeous view out your window! Glad your apt is all set up, that always makes me feel settled in a new place.
ReplyDelete