Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Print Means Print, Who Knew??

I was at work today and I came across my friends blog about cute graduation announcements (See Elisa Zenger's most recent post). I'm obsessed with graphics design type stuff, but we'll save that for another day. ANYWAY, I decided to look up some designers in town that I ran across as I was looking at wedding invitations. I was going through image after image, just in love with the work that they do. Then, I came across a real winner. I couldn't help but smile and let out a little laugh when I saw it. Because the image was in a slideshow I couldn't just right-click and hit "Save Image as...". However, there is always the "Prnt Scrn" or Print Screen option. Little did I know, that when you print screen on my computer here at work, it literally PRINTS. Mine at home just copies the image and you can paste it into Paint or a Word document or whatever you'd like. I don't think I have ever jumped out of my chair so fast the second I saw that little printer icon at the bottom of my screen telling me my picture had been sent to the PUBLIC printer at the Army Corps of Engineers!! I BOOKED it to the printer which is not that close to my cubicle, sadly. An older gentlemen (no surprise, it's the Corps of Engineers) was walking out as I walked in, but didn't seemed phased by anything. I think I would have been able to see it on his face had he seen this:

2 comments :

  1. I had no idea that you were engaged. Congratulations. Which blog should I be posting on?

    When is the wedding? You sound so in love. What a cute couple you two make.

    Those flowers are super easy to make. You get "satin" fabric and cute like five or six circles. (We use measuring cups). Then use a candle to go around the edges and the edges will curl. Sew (or hot glue) the cirles together, and add a gem in the middle. Easy Peasy lemon squeezy.

    ReplyDelete