Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Nailed it

Landon is now a whopping nine days old and has pretty much nailed this whole newborn thing. People say he looks a lot like Ryan and I'm just grateful he's developed Ryan's eating and sleeping habits. He's pretty darn content just eating every three hours and sleeping in between with a few glances of his eyes here and there. 

He LOVES to be swaddled. In the hospital and at the pediatrician, the only times he would cry was when they unwrapped him. The brave kiddo didn't care that they were snipping his man parts or taking his blood, he was a happy camper as soon as he was wrapped back up into his cozy cocoon. 

When he manages to get his arms free, he sleeps like his dad with his arms above his head. 


Or in his mouth (Ryan sucked on the same two fingers as a child).

His one exception to being swaddled is sunbathing. While hesitant at first, he quickly grew to be a fan of those warm rays of sunshine!
(His jaundice was nothing to worry about, just a preventative measure). 

So far, he has only three major objections (all related to being unswaddled): 
getting dressed, changing his diaper and the car seat. 


Landon was lucky enough to be born during one of Ryan's favorite times of year, March Madness.
You better believe he has already had his fair share of basketball and male bonding.

His hair also very much resembles his Dad's and big brother's (and mine, I just straighten it...).
When you get it wet, it sticks up just like Ryan's. 

Twinners in their stripes and sweatpants.

He is turning into quite the little bundle of smiles these days! It's so hard not to just sit and stare at him all day. 

And that brings me to his newest trick which is going on right now as I type this on my phone.  The past two days he has been fussing at about 7:30 a.m. that he is hungry but then just snuggling up in my arms and smiling up at me. How can I resist those cuddles? He is already learning how to get his way! Now with three needy boys at home, they each have to be clever and find their niche to get my attention. 

All in all, life is just grand! Minus this little newcomer kicking his dad to the couch... Ryan got a cold in the week leading up to Landon's birth and still can't seem to get rid of it.  I snapped at him the first night home as I was finally trying to get some sleep after feeding Landon and Ryan's snoring was keeping me up.  He was getting better and was going to be welcomed back to bed last night when he came home from work worse than he had been in days.  Poor guy, can't even snuggle with his new baby (or wife).

My recovery is going great.  Everyone seems shocked by how normal I am.  To be honest, so am I.  Everyone talks about zombie mothers and just trying to survive but I have yet to hit that point.  I'm getting around 6 hours of broken sleep a night and get tired around 9 p.m. if I haven't taken a nap. During the day however, I'm my normal self.  Ryan let me just snuggle my baby on those days we were both home and he took care of all the house stuff.  Now that it's just me, I can handle it all with no problems and still plenty of time for cuddles.  It's hard to believe that it's only been a matter of days since Landon has been with us.  It feels like so much longer (in a good way). I hardly even remember being pregnant!  

This was me two weeks ago today - WHAT??


4 comments :

  1. What amazing men you've got! I'm so happy for you!!! To be honest, I'm not all that surprised at how normal you are with this new routine. Not sure why, but it just doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad things are going so well!! would love to see him :) Have you seen those car seat blankets where there are holes for the straps? That way you can semi-swaddle them. We used them because hayden LOVED to be swaddled and it kept him really calm in the car seat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a cute baby. You are going to be a great momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your little family!! Congrats! You look amazing by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete