I take full responsibility for being a failure at blogging lately. When I am on the computer 40 hours a week at work, the last thing I want to do when I get home is sit on the computer at home. So instead, I get home and sit on the couch with my husband. It's pretty awesome. We're pretty awesome (hence the title of the blog).
In all reality though, one of us always has something on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays each week so that only leaves us with Thursdays and the weekends. The past two weekends we went out of town so I was not ashamed when we may have spent the entire last weekend in front of the TV (I hate you, Netflix) getting addicted to a show called Arrow. But it was all so Ryan could get over a cold; it was well needed, I promise. I gotta do what the sick person asks!
Alright, Ryan is home and it's time to wrap this thing up. So you're not going to get the total update. But you will get weekend getaway #1 - Kansas City for the half marathon. As I mentioned I was a liiiiittle nervous for this thing. Unfortunately, it went more poorly than I expected. The 10k we did a month before gave me too much confidence in my pregnant body. As the pictures will show, a few weeks makes all the difference. This time around it was my hips. That whole loosening of joints pregnancy thing was not working in my favor. Only a few miles in my hips started hurting until about halfway through they were killing me and the walk/jog began. Sadly without about 3 miles left there was very little jogging to be had unless it was downhill. And it was freeeeezing. As you can see by our hands tucked in our sleeves even at the end of the race!
Ryan had fun telling people I was pregnant.
Melissa convinced us to run the race back in May and she at least rocked it. Go you!
We got to stay with an old resident and classmate of mine, Joanna, and her hubby she also met at the dorms.
We had to compare our bellies. However, Ryan can suck his in and I can't hide mine anymore!
Maybe in future posts you'll get a few other pictures from recent events (because I've actually got energy again - YAY!) For now though, be amazed as I am at what a difference 5 and 10 weeks make in a pregnancy! And just so you know, I swear I do not look as big in real life as the 18 weeks picture makes me seem. I wore a form fitting shirt today and I don't think most people would know that I'm pregnant. What's that saying, the camera makes you gain 15 pounds? I'm sticking with that story.


Arrow is one of my favorite shows!
ReplyDeleteSo cute. I have never really kept track of my pregnant belly, Usually just one picture near the end. Yeah and running and running while being pregnant are totally different.
ReplyDeleteyou look great!! such a cute bump! It really does make a difference what you're wearing. Because I'm a little more bundled up for winter, I don't think people can tell that I'm pregnant when I'm out shopping and running errands, even at 28 weeks! I wish they would notice...then maybe they'd offer to help hold the door or carry my groceries :)
ReplyDeletewww.floralandfudge.blogspot.com