Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Obsessed

I used to read a lot as a child and I loved it. I would get totally immersed in a book. I learned it from my mom, she has always been a reader. But then high school happened and then college and I read maybe 10 (maybe... That's stretching it) books of my own accord in those almost 10 years.

Since then I've read a few books here and there and each time I'm reminded how much I love to read. But I love it so much that it takes over my life. Any minute I can, I am reading. As I was reading "heaven is here" by stephanie nielson (of nienie dialogues) I was reading it on my lunch break, after work in the sunshine and while Ryan was watching basketball. It's not a difficult read but I still finished it in about 3 days while working as well. The problem is that my home life suffers. I have a sink full of dishes, only half the grocery shopping done and a muddy puppy all requiring my attention now. I really need to find a balance.

4 comments :

  1. My only suggestion is to use reading as a reward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes your mind needs a break from the mundane :). I'm all for taking a 3-day hiatus from housekeeping to enjoy a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Luke mentality. We're all obsessive about stuff...more than just reading. But, I can't put books down when I start them either. It's like it won't be there if I put it down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same problem. I read the 4 Twilight books in 3 days and didn't accomplish a single thing in those three days other than making sure I fed the kids. lol

    I have a hard time finding books that I love that much though. It's rare.

    ReplyDelete