The other day I said to Ryan, "I was just thinking today about how I'm not a girl." I continued to explain (which I will shortly) and he corrected me that I am in fact a girl, according to my parts. I was informed that what I meant to say was I'm not girl-Y. He's right. I'm not girly and I'm very low maintenance.
I posted this picture on instagram around the same time I was having this realization.

This is a perfect picture of my ideal outfit. It's actually way cuter than what I wear most days. Take today for example. This picture was taken on Tuesday when I actually showered and styled my hair. Today is Thursday and I have not washed my hair since that picture. And my outfit? Men's soccer shorts and an Under Armour Duke Rowing shirt that I bought for $5 at their merchandise sale. Yesterday? Men's basketball shorts that go down past my knees and a work-out shirt. And yes, I even go out in public dressed like this.
Now let me say this. If it weren't still triple digits here, I would be wearing jeans because I do love them. But it's hot and I sweat so if I wear workout clothes all day it's okay to sweat, right?
Other examples of my low maintenance, non girly ways:
- I don't know how to "officially" do my makeup. I just make it up as I go.
- I use the same purse every day
- Toms go with everything, right? Because I wear them every day
- Ryan will most likely never buy me any jewelry and that's the way I want it
- I only wear jewelry on Sundays and date night
- What I consider "dressing up" is all y'alls daily outfits
- I go shopping these days and have no idea how to wear any of the "in style" clothing
My few "girly"ways
- I do love my hair. I don't mind a ponytail, but if it's down, it needs to be styled.
- I refuse to have pictures taken of me unless I look "cute." I don't care if strangers see my slob ways, but heaven forbid it is posted online or worse, our permanent photo albums!
- I never go make-up less. Our family is blessed with thin, light-ish eye lashes and purple bags so I need me some daily mascara and good cover up. Otherwise, I get asked if I'm tired or sick. True story.
- Sexy Sunday
I love how only thing you didn't explain was probably the one thing that got an eyebrow raise from everyone: sexy Sunday lol
ReplyDeleteI hear ya. I go out in public regardless of what I'm wearing. As long as it's modest and comfortable, I really don't care. And /if/ I do my makeup, it's the same way 99% of the time. Same eyeshadow colors, mascara and eyeliner on the bottom only. Mostly because I haven't learned how to apply it to the top eyelid.
ReplyDeleteWhy do I have the urge to sing the Britney Spears song: "I'm not a girl, yet not a woman!"
ReplyDeleteI guess I mostly know you in the context of 'sexy sunday' because I was thinking about how perfect you look every Sunday and how I wish I had all of your dresses! Miss you!!
ReplyDeleteThank Gma Luke for the purple bags, you didn't get them from my side...
ReplyDelete