Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

"Waterfall" Canyon Trail

On Friday we were supposed to go to the water park but it was RAINY.  Seriously? It's been nothing but hot and sunny here for the whole month and now it was cloudy and drizzly.  Hence, no water park.  But I wanted to make use of our weekends so I found a hike that is only 30 minutes away.  Besides, the cooler weather is much more my style for that kind of outdoor adventure. There will be no hiking in triple digits for me.  And yes, it has still been triple digits until this point.

As we headed out, we realized we were driving into this. We were really hoping it wasn't as bad as it looked.  In our opinions, it looked pretty bad.
 Once we got there, it was actually a beautiful 80 degrees with occasional sprinkles.

These little guys were EVERYWHERE.  I'm sure most of you have seen penny frogs, but these were half the size, if not smaller.  I couldn't get anything near them in the picture to compare because they were so quick.  But, their bodies are only 1/2 inch long.  They're just itty bitty!

This guy was NOT itty bitty.  I was trying to take picture of the frogs and I turned around to see this.  My skin still crawls even looking at these pictures.  Again, it's hard to get a comparison but he was 8-10 inches long and just his body was an inch wide.  Gag.

This is the waterfall...
We forgot we live in the desert.  It only falls after humongous rain storms.  Oh well.


Somebody wanted to climb all over the rocks but forgot he was on a leash and almost took me or Ryan out multiple times.  Stinker.

These cactus are my favorite! I get genuinely excited every time I see them.
  

Somebody now loves the car.

2 comments :

  1. Fun! I was wondering where you were going to find a waterfall that close to the city. Sorry to say, it will probably be triple digits for a long time still. It probably won't start to cool down until October and even then it's not exactly cold. That long, crawly thing was awful!!! I've never seen anything like it, EVER. So gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you really want to see some awesome cacti you need to go to Saguaro National Park. It would be like a 3 hour drive from where you are at but it is beautiful. My favorite National Park I have ever been to because of the saguaros.

    ReplyDelete