Oh boy, was last night needed. The day we returned from our Thanksgiving adventures I woke up with a terrible sore throat that turned into full on body aches and sweats/chills. Even after resting the whole weekend, it ran its course from phase to phase of a cold and I'm finally ALMOST over it. Because Ryan was headed into his week of clinic and finals he was stressed out of his mind and could not afford to be sick. So I sucked it up and took care of him by making dinner every night, keeping the house clean and avoiding him to reduce the spread of germs. For over a week we didn't kiss and we could barely even hold hands or cuddle. It was terrible! BUT, I think I'm finally mostly healed and Ryan only has one more test.
As a reward we took the last two nights off from EVERYTHING. Tuesday night I scored free tickets to the UNC basketball game and Duke games are definitely better. The intimacy of Cameron Indoor Stadium really IS all it's cracked up to be.
Last night was THE BEST. After driving home in the pouring rain I had both a husband and puppy waiting eagerly at the door for me. For dinner I made Thai Peanut Noodles and wait for it.... Tater Tots. Yep, Thai and Tater Tots. Sounds like a winning combination to me!
![[thai+peanut+noodles.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg3F8KGe3YwbT6sF_Eyn_0o0ofZl-dwdifSIzxWQdQlGZS53o65Ij3kAycgpgeE8Pn6c-RtIgWy_5bMHt9sPmi9c9rfZcNuYNrEhIOGQc1XIG7qASbWQpGXd3wn-wZ72lOBHDKa45FEynfW/s200/thai+peanut+noodles.jpg)
After dinner we curled up on our chaise lounge and finished the movie we were watching. We were interrupted by Ryno who decided it was time to play so he ran right up to my face and barked. He only does this if there is someone outside or if it's play time. His whole butt started wagging back and forth and he lost it. I need to take more videos of this guy, he is hysterical. You all need to see his reaction when I come home from work! When the movie was over, I decided I was tired and Ryan let me go to bed! Yep, I went to bed at 9:00 pm last night and it was MARVELOUS.
I wish every night were that stress free!
Oh, and you can find the noodle recipe here. This is my favorite blog and cook book!
Blasphemer. . .
ReplyDelete