Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

We are so blessed!

I've realized that I either put pictures on facebook or I put them on the blog.
So Boston, New York, and Chicago are on facebook.

We were able to go to an observation deck in each city so here is one photo from each!

Boston

New York

Chicago

We also went to Washington DC but we didn't get any pictures of the city.  
Actually, we were just in a suburb where we purchased this beauty:

I don't say any of this to brag about our life.  Ryan and I are so incredibly blessed and we know it.  We realize that most couples at our age and in our situation do not have many of the things or opportunities we have.  Believe me, we know this.  And we are so grateful for what we have.  But, unfortunately there had to be a sacrifice for all this to happen.  The sacrifice was the life is Ryan's birth mother when he was six-months-old.  I don't want this to be a sad post, I just want you all to understand how we have the things we have.  

But our happiness isn't about things or money.  It's about the people we love, which is each of you! 
For Ryan's big 30th birthday I (with the help of 40+ of Ryan's closest friends and family) reminded him just how much he is loved.  I got the idea from our friends Josh and Emily to put together a book of letters of admiration, inside jokes, stories, etc to Ryan from his family and friends.  
It was a total surprise and definitely the best gift ever.
So a big thank you to all of you who helped! He loves you right back. :)

1 comment :

  1. :) You two deserve every bit of good that comes your way! And you both face each day with bravery, confidence, generosity, and love provided to you by your Lord. Such a great example!

    ReplyDelete