What I do and don't love right now
Things I love at the moment:
- Glitter! It's unavoidable with the new job and I absolutely love it on all of our Christmas stems. We have poinsettia's in every color with touches of glitter to completely covered - I cannot get enough of them
- Candy corn pumpkins
- The length of my hair - yes, it's long(ish) and I actually like it. It's finally beyond that awkward length where it just sits on your shoulders. It can't quite say love, but like is a big step for me!
- Being called "wifey" by not only Ryan, but his classmates, too.
- Being called "beautiful" by Ryan every day.
- Couponing! Okay, maybe this one isn't quite a love either, but it's getting better and I do love seeing the total drop as they scan each coupon. That is really exciting and I do love that part!!
- Getting to design a friend's graduation announcement and another's Christmas card.
- The Ellen Degeneres Show
- Cathy, the floral designer at work. I said that I would love to learn how to do floral and she trusted me enough to throw me right in and with a little guidance eventually gave me free reign of a few wreaths and Christmas trees which are now on sale at A.C. Moore.
- Ryan's "manly moment" as he successfully replaced a broken hose in his motorcycle and changed the oil.
- My gummy daily vitamins. My adorable husband leaves them on the counter for me every morning.
- Working part-time. If only I could get a full-time income working part-time! It's the perfect balance of time at work and time for myself.
- Coming home for the holidays!! Ryan and I bought out plane tickets last week and will be in Nebraska from December 14-25. We cannot WAIT to see everyone!
Things I'm not loving at the moment:
- Blackout dates. Our flights would have been free if not for stupid blackout dates.
- Southwest Airlines new ridiculous taxes? Has anyone else seen these?? The prices they advertise now do NOT include taxes. Not cool, Southwest. Not cool.
- Getting idea after idea after at work but not having the money right now to do them!
- Local commercials. Enough said.
- Our cell phone service. Towers have been down for a month and we have to make each phone call at least twice.
- Being scatterbrained. Once again, life happened all at once and I'm having trouble keeping up. Besides starting the new job, I got a new (and big) responsibility at church. I'm now the secretary for our woman's organization, the Relief Society. Thankfully Ryan has had a few extra hours off of school and has picked up where I have slacked off.
- North Carolina Drivers. I can't even start or I won't stop! :)
I totally agree about all of the last 4 things about what you are not loving right now. Especially local commercials. The one with the bird makes me want to go shoot the next bird I see. Also, I take a Flintstone's vitamin every morning and it always makes my day :) Love this and love you!
ReplyDeleteWe are staying home for the holidays (talked the parents into coming up here :)) We should definitely get together sometime when you are here :)
ReplyDeleteI've been couponing and I'm getting decent at it! I'm still learning restraint to not use every coupon I have. LOL
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your new calling at church. It is a big responsibility, but you'll be super great. I just got a new one too. I'm the Activities Leader (think Enrichment). I'm excited to begin, but glad that I don't really have to begin planning until January. Our musical is NEXT WEEK! CAn you believe it??? Wish you were here for the awesome cheesiness. I think it will bring the spirit though too. LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete