Ryan hates when I use that word.
Homaha.
Homaha.
Homaha.
Homaha.
I love it. Because Omaha is home. I know all my family will read this and want to correct me that Lincoln is home and try to convince me that I should move back there. Don't get me wrong, I love Lincoln, and I loved growing up there. But it is my childhood home, I guess you could say. Omaha is Ryan and I's home. It's where we met, dated, married, and where our friends are.
Lincoln is MY home.
Omaha is OUR home.
We so very badly want to buy a home here, but we just have to wait.
(Something we should be very good at by now, right?)
We've had our eye on one specific floorplan in a builder's neighborhood here in Omaha and we've watched many houses list and sell over the past year or so. We've kept an eye on the upgrade options, distance from the main roads, distance from the neighborhood park, incline of the backyard, etc. There have been a few that were pretty good options, others we did not want at all. Then, 3 days ago OUR house was listed. It has everything we want, including a fully-fenced in yard and a shed!
When I started describing it to Ryan (because we were driving across the country as it was posted) I knew it was the winner when I told him that in their living room was this poster:
Ryan LOVES MJ.
We got really antsy (because it is the perfect house) and drove by the other day.
Lo and behold, their garage door was open and what was inside?
Not one, but TWO Jeeps. A Wrangler and a Cherokee.
Needless to say, we REALLY want this house.
Hey, Inigo. I hope we win.
ReplyDelete(I don't know why that felt appropriate.)
I say Homaha, and it's not even in the same state as my childhood home. It still counts :)
ReplyDelete