That's Ryan and I's theme for our New Year's resolutions. Well, that's the theme I gave mine at least, and half of mine are shared with him. We were rocking it until today. Today I don't want to do anything, I just want to lay in my bed (just like the Lazy Song). We both just really need to work on making habits of the good things we should be doing everyday anyway like reading our scriptures, praying, and working out. But we are inconsistent and are trying really hard so far to be better about these things. Like I said, we dominated last week.
I bought Ryan P90X for Christmas because he wants us to work out together. I feel more comfortable working out in the privacy of my home so that makes us both happy (except the incredible muscle soreness after the first few days). Can you believe we did all six workouts last week? And we did two days this week and I left Ryan to do it alone today. Like I said, I'm just not feeling it and I just want to sleep.
Another of my personal habits I'm working on is meal planning. Now I know I've talked about some of my issues with food, and they still exist, I'm just trying to move past it. I HATED planning meals. I never knew what to cook! Well, I found myself a good method that has worked for two weeks at least. I took the advice of "The Food Nanny" and made a category for each day. We have Comfort Foods, Mexican, Pasta, Meatless, Asian, Leftovers, and Pizza. I made a list of the meals we make on a regular basis and then divided them into these categories. Now on Sundays all I have to do is pick one meal from each category for the week. It makes my life SOOO much easier. I don't hate my wifely responsibility anymore. Now that I have a plan it makes our evenings go so much smoother, too. We work out right away when I get home and then have the food cooking while we shower. I'm sure many of you already have all this down to an art, but let me have my excitement. I'm awfully proud of my excitement. In fact, I even have homemade bread baking as we speak.
Here's to 10 days of keeping New Year's Resolutions!
Oh yeah, that picture reminds me that we have probably 20 bottles of sparkling cider. It went on sale for $1 and Ryan couldn't resist. Classy, aren't we?
I love sparkling cider. Feel free to send some my way! :)
ReplyDeleteCaitlin, I appreciate your honesty. I think you're amazing, so to find out we have some things in common makes me feel better about myself, haha. I hate trying to decide what to make for dinner. I might have to steal your idea. How are you liking P90X?
ReplyDelete