Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's all downhill from here!

First, Heather: I've had this picture on my computer for awhile and it was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the picture of your little girl!

Anyway, It's all downhill from here, or so they say, and so I hope! Today I turned in my final report of my graduate design project (thesis), on Friday I had two presentations, a paper and drawings due for the Design Development portion of my team design project (basically I had to design an entire building) and the Friday before THAT I presented my thesis to our faculty. PHEW. It sure has been an uphill battle! I feel like right now I'm at the top looking down but I'm not quite to the sliding down part yet. There is still a lot to be done!

Now that school is slowing down, the other parts of my life that I've been ignoring are slowly creeping back in. I have a lot of wrap up work to do at the dorms to finish off my position (I haven't been replaced yet which makes it interesting) and Ryan and I still have some of the last few wedding details to work out. But it will all get done with time!

Mom and Dad came up for my grad project presentation and I finally got my birthday present - new running shoes! With the weather as gorgeous as it is, I was very excited to get out. However, my heart has not had a good workout in quite some time so my body was not very pleased despite the blue sky and green grass. I'll get in shape again... soon, I hope.

Despite the craziness of school, Ryan's been able to drag me away from my grad office to spend time with him and friends. We went to the park near my house on a day we though was warm until the wind blew and we were very grateful for the warmth of my favorite blanket!Ryan couldn't resist a picture with the Nutcracker on the way down to Pawnee City for Easter.
The night before my DD project was due (so last Thursday) I convinced my partner, Joanna, to come to the Omaha Royals opening game with us. Ryan and I got 20 free tickets so we turned it into a paaaar-tay.

On Saturday our good friends Ben and Maegan got hitched. While we are so very happy for them and we enjoyed sharing that moment with them and their families, it's definitely our turn. BUT we have two weddings this weekend and I think a few more before it really is our turn. UGH.

4 comments :

  1. I can't believe you are almost done with school! Seems just like yesterday you were a brand new beehive ;) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made you your favorite blanket, don't you forget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like to read your blog when you talk about school projects. It reminds me of how lazy I am and it reminds me how much I hate school. YUCK!!!!

    Good luck with finishing things up and getting ready for your wedding. When are you getting married?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA!!! LOVE IT :) I'm probably going to take that picture and do a side by side with the one of her for her scrapbook, that cracks me up SO bad!

    ReplyDelete